Jaycelle asked me to participate in an activity that will be fascinating as time goes by and we look back. It’s called “If I Were”.
One would basically declare his/her preference in anything the statement requires.
Maybe we won’t be doing this monthly as I see my answers unchanging for several months to come.
If I were…
- a month, I’d be February (it’s the coldest month of the year).
- a day of the week, I’d be Sunday (laid back and super steady).
- a time of day, I’d be 4:00 AM (very peaceful).
- a planet, I’d be Mars (we’re on the verge of discovering life there).
- a sea animal, I’d be an octopus (the smartest badass out there in the abyss).
- a direction, I’d be east (the sun rises at the east).
- a piece of furniture, I’d be a day bed (especially beside a sun-shining window).
- a liquid, I’m best served as a hot coffee (stay for a while till it gets warm enough to take a sip).
- a gemstone, I’d be marble (plain old one).
- a tree, I’d be a Plumeria tree (adornment in any garden and the flowers are fragrant).
- a tool, I’d be a cutter (retractable violence).
- a flower, I’d be a Plumeria flower (fragrant and pleasant-looking).
- a kind of weather, I’d be a sunny cloudy afternoon (3:00 PM when everyone’s taking their afternoon nap).
- a musical instrument, I’d be a classical guitar (bleeding melody from the nylon strings).
- a color, I’d be army green (I’ve liked red, green, blue, gray, and this is my color of the year).
- an emotion, I’d be empathy (then we’d all understand each other).
- a fruit, I’d be a watermelon (solid and liquid rolled into one).
- a sound, I’d be crickets in the night (silent but not really).
- an element, I’d be water (flows).
- a vehicle, I’d be a coaster van (road trip with everyone I love).
- a food, I’d be bread (back to basics).
- a place, I’d be a garden (surrounded by nature).
- a material, I’d be Kevlar (tough).
- a taste, I’d be spicy (pain and pleasure).
- a scent, I’d be the smell of fresh laundry (reminiscent of mom).